Naked Island is a tourist spot in Surigao del Norte. The island is specifically located in Siargao. Siargao is very popular to surfers. Well in fact local and international surfing competitions are held in Siargao. Perhaps Siargao is considered as the Surfing Capital of the Philippines.
Aside from having big waves to be considered as the Surfing Capital, Siargao Islands are also rich in pristine waters and long stretch of white sand beaches. Siargao is also known for its wide mangrove forest and abundance of corals and marine lives. The island is known to have the title of the having the largest mangrove reserves in Mindanao.
There actually three island in Siargao Islands one is the Naked Island and the other 2 are Dako Island and Guyam Island.
Naked Island, as the name implies, if you are thinking that the people there are naked, no! It’s not like that. You have imagined it wrong. Naked Island is called naked because there are no trees or any other life form covering the island. All you can see is the white sand beach and the crystal clear blue waters in the island.
Most visitors in Naked Island suggest that:
- Do not forget to bring your own food.
- Please do not forget to bring umbrella or sunscreen lotions or any other means that will block some sunlight directly to you if you don’t want to have sunburn or heat stroke.
- Bring water. You will need it because of the heat of the sun. You don’t want to be dehydrated right?
- Bring your own snorkeling gears to enjoy the beach.
To enjoy in Naked Island, here are the suggested activities you should do too!
- Swimming in the beach.
- Snorkeling and finding those beautiful corals with school of fish.
- Walking in the long stretch white sand beach.
- Go to the other islands specially Dako Island where there are a lot of coconut and many says the coconut tastes too good in Dako. You can have a meal there in their cottage. Pay a visit also to Guyam Island where you can rest and enjoy the beautiful scene of the beaches and all.
How to get to Naked Island in Siargao:
If you are not in the Province or located in some other areas in the Philippines or other country, catch up a flight or a ferry going to Surigao. I leave the discretion in your hand since I cannot suggest until I know where you are located. You can also refer to google maps for directions.
I will just take into account and consider that you are in Surigao already. From Surigao, ride a boat that will take you to Dapa, Siargao. The trip may take you 2 hours. Riding a boat cost around Php 200.oo per person. Most suggest you take a boat rental tour since it only costs around Php 1, 500.oo for 10 persons that will take you to Naked Island, Dako Island and Guyam Island.