Britania Islands is a group of beautiful islands hidden in the province of Surigao del Sur. Visitors dubbed it as the Best-Kept Secret Paradise of Surigao del Sur.
This hidden paradise is located in Barangay Britania, San Agustin, Surigao del Sur. Britania is a Greek word which means, a collection of islands with individual names. There are 24 islands in Britania Islands but there are only 4 popular destinations for island hopping: Hagonoy Island, Naked Island, Boslon Island and Hiyor Hiyoran Island.
These islands are blessed with powdery white sand beach and crystal clear waters. Most of them are uninhabited with minimal or no vegetation at all (especially Naked Island).
One visitor from Trip Advisor wrote: “I am from Cebu, where famous beaches, sandbars and islets can be found, but I admired the beauty of this place. Simple, Fine sand, clear water. You couldn’t help but take a dip. We hop from Hagonoy to Hiyor-Hiyoran. You can go snorkeling and enjoy the cool wind and sea breeze.You can stay anytime you want, bring some food with you..”
How to get to Britania Islands
There are 4 most popular routes going to San Agustin where Britania Islands is located.
Route 1 – via Butuan City.
- Butuan City is your destination if you want the cheapest flight going to Surigao del Sur.
- Ride a bus going to Tandag City and drop at Barangay Salvacion, San Agustin. Fare is around Php 300.00 and travel time is ~ 5 hours.
Route 2 – via Bislig City.
- Ride a bus going to Butuan and drop at Barobo Bus Terminal. The fare approximately Php 120.00 and travel time is around 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- From Barobo ride a bus going to Tandag and alight at Barangay Salvacion, San Agustin. The fare is around Php 50.00 and approximately 40 minutes travel time.
Route 3. via Davao City.
- Take a bus going to Tandag City and alight at Barangay Salvacion, San Agustin. There only 2 trips available – at 12:00 AM and 6:00 AM for around Php 450.00 and ~ 6 hours travel time.
Route 4 – via Surigao City.
- Ride a bus going to Butuan City then follow Route 1 – via Butuan City.
From Barangay Salvacion, San Agustin, hire a motorcycle going to Barangay Britania. 15 minutes travel time and Php 20.00 per person is the fare. Stop at Salvacion Tourism Office and pay for the entrance and environmental fee – Php 50.00 in total.
From there, a tourism officer will guide you to rent a boat for you island hopping tour. The rent cost is around Php 1,000.00 to Php 1,500.00.
If you are wondering where you might stay, you can find good accommodations in Barangay Britania or if you are from very far areas, you can check first accommodations in Butuan City. (see first Route 1 – via Butuan City)
Britania Islands is a beautiful paradise hidden in the province of Surigao del Sur. Share this with your families and friends, they might want to go here, too. Please give this post a share on Facebook.